We are a relatively small regional group of Artists (30-40 members) with a select membership by invitation only.
AAG was formed in 1945 in the Albany, New York Capitol region to help advance the graphic and plastic arts of the community. It first met next to the old Albany Business College on North Pearl Street, and has had met since then at the Albany Institute of History and Art, the Albany Women's Club on Madison, and Harmanus Bleeker Library. Currently we have no regular meetings but are expanding our venues to show.
The famous Tulip Queen Festival held in Albany each Spring was originated in 1948 when AAG held a Beaux Arts Ball and Tulip Festival at the Colonie Country Club. Mayor Erastus Corning presented awards and crowned the Tulip Queen.
Currently AAG holds two annual shows: at the William K. Sanford Library in Colonie in June, and at the Guilderland Public Library in October.
We will also be starting to show at Uncommon Grounds, 1235 Western Ave., Albany in March of 2015.
Our members are also members and officers of many other local arts organization, such as the Colonie Art League, Bethlehem Art League, Oak Room Artists, and Riverfront Artists.